Local Services – Isle of Lewis
You will find a range of Local Services and attractions nearby including the Cafe and Visitor Centre at the nearby Callanish Stones, The Broch at Doune Carloway and the restored Blackhouse Village at Gearranan plus numerous stunning soft, white sand beaches on both Lewis and Harris are all within easy drives.
• Stunning white sand beaches close by
• Word famous Callanish Standing Stones 2 mins by car/1.5 miles from lodges at Callanish/Calanais
• The restored Gearranan Blackhouse village
• The Broch at Doune Carloway
• Restored Iron Age Village at Bosta Beach, Great Bernera
• Post office with cash machine, small shop and Visitor Centre in Callanish (1.5 miles from the lodges) with cafe serving light snacks teas and coffees and gift shop selling local arts and crafts.
• Petrol station and shop at Lochs Services in Leurbost 11 miles from the lodges (en-route from Stornoway).
• Stornoway has all the facilities you would expect from a main town including an Arts Centre and Cinema, Sports Centre, Library, Shops, Banks and Museum
Food & Drink
• Hotel with restaurant and lounge bar 3 miles from the lodges.
Callanish Centre Cafe 2 mins drive/short walk
• Stornoway is the main town on the island of Lewis where you will find 2 large supermarkets, and smaller local shops such as butchers, fishmongers, bakeries, newsagents and florist shops. There are also cafes, bars, pharmacies, banks and gift/craft shops.
• Quality eateries throughout Lewis using the best local produce such as Lewis Lamb, Stornoway Black Pudding, and locally dived Uig scallops and renowned local seafood
• Range of restaurants and take-aways in Stornoway from traditional and contemporary Scottish to Thai, Chinese and Indian cuisine
There are also a range of tea rooms, art galleries and craft shops throughout the islands.
See Links page for details and Eating Out page (no link)
To enquire about our lodges please contact us via the Enquiry Form on our Contact Us page